Monday, February 4, 2013

Welcome to the adventure!



 Love has a strange way of presenting itself sometimes... Yea, It sounds like the beginning of a Carrie Bradshaw piece, and trust me, I wish it was. I mean, what gay man wouldn't want a TV show focusing on men, fashion and love. Unfortunately, I didn't catch on to writing about love until after it was already discovered by HBO. Let me tell you though, I’m quickly finding that this is where the fun is. My story goes like this. Manny met Tom in 2010. After some great dates that included restaurants, coffee and a couple Piedmont Park sunsets; a relationship started that has fortunately blossomed to where we find ourselves today. Engaged.

Without giving up too much personal boring background, Tom and I are more of your traditional couple when it comes to love and what we foresee in marriage. Throughout the years there have been chats about everything from living situations to our ideas of a family. No matter what, marriage was always a thing both of us seemed to envision together. Now we are on the cusp of this reality, and all of a sudden, I realize ... this isn't the wedding planning I had dreamed of! What magazines would my besties and I gawk over? What traditions do we stick to? Who's parents are throwing the engagement party? And more importantly, who gets to wear white and walk down the aisle?
 
These are the adventures I plan on sharing. How a gay couple in a modern city such as Atlanta will maneuver the establishment of marriage and all the traditions that seem to accompany the act.
 
Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment